Job Title: Content Writer
Location: Shalford, Guildford, Surrey
Company: The Pull Agency
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30 - £35k
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
Grow our clients’ revenues and/or achieve client’s marketing objectives.
- Head of Digital Marketing
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
We’re looking for a proactive and enthusiastic content writer to join our growing digital marketing team. The ideal candidate will have worked in content roles as either a content strategist/content manager/copywriter for at least 3 years.
An understanding and experience of how to interview people to get the story or right angle of a story is a must have for this role as you will be expected to produce content on topic areas that you may not be familiar with. This may mean interviewing senior people, so excellent communication and people skills are a must.
This person must be an idea generator and problem solver with excellent organisational skills. He or she must possess strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision for the content that’s generated.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on whitepapers, thought leadership pieces, blogs, website copy and other marketing materials such as brochures and leaflets for our diverse range of clients; therefore, passion and a versatile writing style are a must!
You’ll need to be an enthusiastic, positive and can-do writer – capable of taking constructive feedback and eager to make the most of this opportunity to write for a living. This job offers you significant responsibility from day one as you will be a key player in developing both Pull’s and our clients’ content across a variety of mediums.
You will work in the digital marketing team with specialists in SEO, social media, email, paid search and analytics.
For the interview, please be prepared to show some examples of content you have written either for online or offline.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a content role
- Degree in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, or similar
- Strong written and verbal skills; must be great with punctuation, spelling and grammar
- Quick, accurate and versatile writer
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Enthusiastic, dedicated and genuinely keen to pursue a writing career
- Proven writing experience is necessary for this role (online or offline)
- Bright, happy and with a can do-attitude is a prerequisite
- Confident and presentable to a wide range of clients
- B2B copy experience
- Familiarity with copywriting for SEO
NICE TO HAVES:
- Working in an agency
- Experience in a Technology or FinTech business would be advantage
- Experience of running focus groups
- Experience creating social media calendars
- Experience running social media accounts
In return we will give you plenty of training opportunities, fun and interesting projects to work on, and a team of friendly and talented staff who are always happy to help and provide a good laugh.
We also offer:
- 26 days’ holiday (3 to be used over the Christmas period)
- Sales target voucher scheme
- Private healthcare after 6 months of employment
- Free parking
- x2 company parties a year e.g. Ascot races, Masquerade Ball, BBQ etc
- Child care vouchers
- Plus other loyalty schemes based on length of service with Pull
ABOUT THE PULL AGENCY & TRANSPORT LINKS
Pull was born digital and built from scratch.
Our vision was to build a truly creative digital agency with all the capabilities of the bigger agencies under one roof. We have grown from two people, to a twenty people-plus agency, and are characterised by a balance of creative, digital and brand-building skills.
We provide clients with a new sort of agency construct that brings together, with integrity and consistency, the worlds of strategic brand development and design, with technology at the core.
Pull works for big brands that include Schwarzkopf, Right Guard and Crimestoppers, but our sweet spot is challenger brands who need to build brand love and deliver better business performance.
We listen, are an extension of our client’s team, and go the extra mile to deliver solutions that transform.
Pull is based in a charismatic former school house in Shalford on the south side of Guildford. We have ample staff car parking (although many staff cycle to work) and good connections via the A3 and to London via Guildford station.
We take pride in a ‘work hard – play hard’ culture, with an active calendar of social events and both a summer and Christmas party.
We also offer big company benefits including pension, private medical health care, a profit-share scheme, service-related extra holiday days, childcare vouchers and cycle-to-work scheme.
If you feel this role is right for you, please contact The Pull Agency today with your CV and a covering letter. Call 01483 424460 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.