Location: Guildford, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Reporting to the Creative Director you will be required to produce outstanding brand, design and creative work for a variety of mainly health and beauty brands, both on and off-line. You will have a passion for brand and design with a drive to explore and discover new ideas and techniques.
As a designer you will be responsible for working within the creative team to develop initial design concepts through to final artwork, whilst also supporting the digital team when required. You will need a good eye for layout and typography, the ability to develop concepts and visuals as well as handling manipulation of images, and accuracy when creating artwork. Adherence to deadlines, design briefs and brand guidelines is also essential.
You will need to be able to proactively produce design work to agreed timescales, budgets and expected standards whilst reporting on project progress to the Creative Director and Client Services Team on a regular basis.
We are a hands-on creative agency and all parts of the business work closely together, therefore your personality is as important as your creativity! You'll need to be professional, assertive and extremely well organised with the ability to prioritise, delegate and multi-task under pressure. An appreciation of humour and a sense of perspective would be great, too.
- Darren Cornwall, Creative Director
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to manage creative delivery to expected standards, within specified budgets and timescales.
- A drive for quality, attention to detail and strong typographical skills are essential.
- Knowledge and experience of design for Digital and Print materials.
- Creative flair and appreciation of creative concepts and thought processes.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to liaise with suppliers to achieve desired outcome.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to take on other tasks within a changing environment.
- Minimum three years experience.
- A demonstrable track record in the design industry.
- A portfolio of brand and design work.
- Excellent capability in Adobe CC.
- Efficient, organised and skilled in prioritising and time management.
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of the digital arena and a strong understanding of the general principals of marketing.
- Experience of brand, design and campaign work for health and beauty brands.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continual professional development to keep up to date with new software developments, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Take responsibility for your workspace and IT equipment and fill-out timesheets.
- Work with other design/web specialists including web developers and graphic designers.
- Liaise with outside agencies.
- Checking own work and only handing over checked work.
- Research current design trends.
This is a full-time role subject only to normal three-month probation period. Salary will be competitive and dependant on relevant experience. Pull also provide generous benefits incl.
- Responsibility and development from day one
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- 23 days paid holiday per year (plus, we tend to take the days off between Christmas and New Years)
- Service related profit share scheme
- Service related extra holiday
- Private Healthcare
- Bike-to-Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Two annual parties, Summer and Xmas
- Flexible working.
About The Pull Agency
Who is Pull?
Pull is a creative agency & consultancy, delivering transformation through brand strategy and technology.
What do we do?
We harness the power of brand and technology to deliver game-changing, award-winning transformations for health and beauty brands. We combine a scientific approach to brand and a creative approach to technology.
We create compelling brand propositions, apps, websites and campaigns, and are committed to growing our client’s bottom line.
Who do we do it for?
Our clients include Schwarzkopf Professional, Eylure, Tangle Teezer, allbeauty, Symprove Probiotics, True Skincare, Henkel, Temple Spa, The Wine Society, Woods Supplements and many more.
Shalford Surrey – Transport Links
Pull are based in Shalford, Surrey, immediately South of Guildford. It has a railway station which is between Guildford and Dorking on the Reading to Gatwick Airport line and is just 10 minutes from the A3, 20 minutes from the M25.
Call us now or email us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org +44(0)1483 424460