Job Title: Head of Digital Marketing
Location: Shalford, Guildford, Surrey
Company: The Pull Agency
Reports To: CEO
Salary: £40k - £55k
The Pull Agency is a creative agency and consultancy, delivering award-winning transformations through brand and technology. We are health and beauty specialists with an international portfolio of brands including Schwarzkopf Professional, Karo Pharma, PDC Brands, allbeauty and Tangle Teezer.
Pull has three hero services:
- Brand strategy and visual identity
- Social and influencer marketing
- Mobile apps and websites
We exist because we believe inside every brand there is a better story to be told. We combine a scientific approach to brand development and a creative approach to technology.
The successful applicant will be ambitious and entrepreneurial in order to achieve a business objective of matching the revenues generated by the company’s two largest fee-earners – the development and design departments.
You will have experience of managing a team of digital marketing practitioners, as well as a wide variety of specialist digital marketing skills including (but not limited to) multi-channel delivery, social & influencer marketing, SEO/SEM, email and display advertising. Using your commercial acumen and industry expertise, you will take responsibility for the development, implementation and optimisation of a range of digital marketing campaigns on behalf of well-known brands, leading campaigns from concept to completion, consistently on time and on budget.
You'll join a friendly team within a business that continually invests in both its staff and new technology to ensure they are providing cutting-edge services that deliver the very best results for their clients.
Working with brands in health & beauty, you will have a passion for all things related to digital marketing – with key experience across social media and influencer marketing. Being knowledgeable about the big social apps is important for this role. You will be expected to direct team members and pitch for work to produce content across all key social features, i.e. Stories, Reels, TikTok videos, etc. Experience of working with clients on TikTok is desirable but not essential. Knowledge of the platform and all it’s feature is essential.
Hands-on experience is required for this role as we are a small team and you will be expected to get involved in client work. You must be analytical and have the ability to read and interpret data well.
Agency experience is essential, particularly in B2C roles. You must have strong communication skills and be able to deal directly with clients, senior managers, and board members. The nature of your role will also include working with the Growth team on new business proposals and pitching your ideas directly to new prospects, so an ability to present ideas well is crucial.
A key part of this role will be to lead the agency’s digital marketing events as a key speaker, or to sit on panels that the agency is invited to. You must have excellent communication skills, the ability to think on your feet, and be convincing.
In return we will give you plenty of training opportunities, fun and interesting projects to work on, and a team of friendly and talented staff who are always happy to help and provide a good laugh.
If you feel this role is right for you, please contact The Pull Agency today with your CV and a covering letter. Please have prepared examples of team management experience and brands you have worked on where you have led and developed multi-channel strategies.
- Working with the directors of Pull and as a key player in the Growth Team to win new digital clients.
- Creating and presenting proposal documents to prospective clients
- Working with the directors of Pull and the client services team to retain existing digital clients.
- Keeping up-to-date with all aspects of social media, influencer marketing, SEO, PPC, email marketing and digital marketing techniques as they develop.
- Growing the digital marketing team in-line with new client and new business acquisition.
- Managing team staff: Performing regular goal setting and review sessions, motivating and leading the team, recruitment, disciplinary duties.
- Managing the digital marketing teams schedule and project planning
- Ensuring client projects and campaigns are delivered on time, to specification and on budget
- Representing Pull Agency at industry events and seeking opportunities to speak, present or sit on panels.
- Lead event content ideation with growth team and new business manager.
- Developing the way Pull organises and delivers digital performance reports to clients. Seeking always to improve the quality of insights and proposals clients receive and increasing the efficiency of the report generation process.
- Hands-on for social media, influencer marketing, PPC and SEO to cover staff holidays or when resource is limited
- Ownership of editorial content on the Pull website i.e. blogs, videos, podcasts etc.
- Liaising with the Agency Marketing Manager to execute elements of the agency’s marketing strategy – i.e., social media, email, SEO and paid digital campaigns.
Skills and Expertise
- 4 years plus experience within an agency (marketing, digital or creative agency).
- Experience of digital tools such as Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads Manager
- Experience running paid social ads, managing social accounts and putting together social media strategies.
- Experience of new business proposal creation including budgeting. Competent with PowerPoint.
- Knowledgeable on all social media platforms – especially TikTok
- Team management skills – scheduling, setting staff goals, KPIs, recruiting, disciplinaries,
- Good numeracy and analytical skills. Competent with Excel.
- Analytical: Able to develop and deploy analytical processes to measure marketing effectiveness.
- Outstanding communication skills (written, verbal, presentation).
- Organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in the health & beauty or FMCG category (desirable but not essential)
- Have worked in B2C roles (either at an agency or for a brand)
- E-commerce experience (desirable but not essential)
- Enthusiastic, proactive team player
Things to Expect Working for The Pull Agency
- Flexible working.
- Comprehensive private healthcare.
- 23 days paid holiday per year (excluding Bank Holidays).
- A discretionary agency holiday normally available to all salaried employees for the normal working days between Christmas Boxing Day holiday and the New Year’s Day Holiday.
- Service-related profit-share programme.
- Service-related extra holiday days up to 26 days.
- Monthly vouchers for hitting target.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Bike 2 Work Cycle Scheme.
- An amazing culture with an extraordinary staff and client retention rate.
- Two annual parties and regular social gatherings.
- Company reward and recognition programme.
WE WORK HARD TO DELIVER SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS SOLUTIONS FOR OUR CLIENTS (WHILST HAVING A BIT OF FUN AT THE SAME TIME!)
Our specialism is with clients in the health and beauty sector – have a look at soe of our clients and the work we have done to get a feel of what we do.
We have a fantastic team of digitally-savvy, technically brilliant and results-orientated people for you to work and thrive with. Our people are our greatest assets, so we make sure to take care of you.
If you are interested in this role please click here