Job Title: Junior Designer
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Company: The Pull Agency
Job Type: Permanent
Reports To: Creative Director
Salary: £22-£26k dependant on experience
The Pull Agency is a creative agency and consultancy, delivering award-winning transformations through brand and technology. We are health and beauty specialists with an international portfolio of brands including Schwarzkopf Professional, Karo Pharma, PDC Brands, allbeauty, CARMEX, Nip + Fab and Tangle Teezer.
Pull has three hero services:
- Brand strategy and visual identity
- Social and influencer marketing
- Mobile apps and websites
We exist because we believe inside every brand there is a better story to be told. We combine a scientific approach to brand development and a creative approach to technology.
Reporting to the Creative Director you will be required to produce outstanding brand, design and creative work for a variety of mainly health and beauty brands, both on and off-line. You will have a passion for brand and design with a drive to explore and discover new ideas and techniques.
As a designer you will be responsible for working within the creative team to develop initial design concepts through to final artwork, whilst also supporting the digital team when required. You will need a good eye for layout and typography, the ability to develop concepts and visuals as well as handling manipulation of images, and accuracy when creating artwork. Adherence to deadlines, design briefs and brand guidelines is also essential.
You will need to be able to proactively produce design work to agreed timescales, budgets and expected standards whilst reporting on project progress to the Creative Director and Client Services Team on a regular basis.
We are a hands-on creative agency and all parts of the business work closely together, therefore your personality is as important as your creativity! You'll need to be professional, assertive and extremely well organised with the ability to prioritise, delegate and multi-task under pressure. An appreciation of humour and a sense of perspective would be great, too.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to manage creative delivery to expected standards, within specified budgets and timescales.
- A drive for quality, attention to detail and strong typographical skills are essential.
- Knowledge and experience of design for Digital and Print materials.
- Creative flair and appreciation of creative concepts and thought processes.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to liaise with suppliers to achieve desired outcome.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to take on other tasks within a changing environment.
- Minimum one to two years’ experience.
- A portfolio of brand and design work.
- Excellent capability in Adobe CC.
- Efficient, organised and skilled in prioritising and time management.
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of the digital arena and a strong understanding of the general principals of marketing.
- Experience of brand, design and campaign work for health and beauty brands.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continual professional development to keep up to date with new software developments, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
- Take responsibility for your workspace and IT equipment and fill-out timesheets.
- Work with other design/web specialists including web developers and graphic designers.
- Liaise with outside agencies.
- Checking own work and only handing over checked work.
- Research current design trends.
Things to Expect Working for The Pull Agency
- Flexible working.
- 30 days paid holiday per year (excluding Bank Holidays).
- Service-related profit-share programme (10%).
- Bike 2 Work Cycle Scheme.
- Comprehensive Health Insurance.
- An amazing culture with an extraordinary staff and client retention rate.
- Two annual parties and regular social gatherings.
Call us now or email us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org +44(0)1483 424460